17 Nov What’s New in Sierra Seminar Notes
Below is Tom’s outline for the “What’s New in Sierra?” Seminar.
Also… at the bottom of this post you will find the article and two videos that he used as his primary references, as well as a couple of troubleshooting references.
We will update this post if he makes any changes.
- Find Files (unique to Mac) “Show me files I have worked on in the last 3 months.”
- Find Photos (works on iOS too)
- Reminders, Messages, etc. (“What can you do?”)
- Command Space to invoke Siri
- Desktop & Documents (monthly fees will apply)
- All those Docs will be available on iPhone, iPad and other Macs
- (About This Mac… Storage… Manage…)
- Reduce Clutter
- Empty Trash Automatically
- Not just for Safari & Finder anymore.
- Should work with any program.
- Settings for this are in System Preferences… Dock…
Picture in Picture
- Trick for using this in YouTube – Right Click… Right Click Again.
- (Requires Mac 2013 or newer)
- Check Box in System Preferences… Security… General…
- May require reboot of all 3 devices plus one final login
- Rebooting your computer requires log-in once
- Switching users requires manual log-in(?)
- (Requires Mac 2012 or newer; watchOS 3)
- Now compatible with iOS 10
- Skimming Albums
- Search for categories like: horses, sunsets, water, etc
- Folders on top – Finder Prefs… Advanced
- Auto-correct now has separate options – Sys Prefs… Keyboard… Text
- Sort by Unread (and other ways)
- Enable Adobe Flash in Preferences… Security…
- Troubleshooting Universal Clipboard
- Turning Two Factor Authentication On or Off